Parents of Teens and pre-teens (POTS) is a ministry that seeks to support the youth groups at Cross Creek. POTS ministry and mission is based out of the book of Deuteronomy 6:20 and 7:6 “When your son asks you in time to come, saying, ‘what is the meaning of the testimonies, the statutes, and the judgments which the Lord our God has commanded you?’ then you shall say to your son, ‘For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.’ ”
The intention of the ministry and the priority is to first pray for the pastor and leaders and for all the kids involved in the Youth Groups. Also to come along side the youth ministry leaders and pastor assisting and supporting in any way needed with all planned activities and weekly services.
POTS also seek to minister to each other as parents of teens (or pre-teens) with support, prayer, and devotions as we seek to raise Godly teens in this difficult generation.
- We want our kids to rise above the rest and take a stand for what they believe.
- We want them to have fun and know being a Christian is something to be proud of and that you could have fun serving the Lord.
- We want them to bond with each other as they need their brothers and sisters in Christ to love them unconditionally because in the world they have to face every day they need a safe haven; their church family.
- We want them to know the meaning of selfless love and service as they go on mission trips and serve the needs of our community and elsewhere.
- And most of all we want them to know how special they are and their importance on earth as they are a chosen individual and a chosen generation for Christ!
A weekly bible study meets to pray and study scripture together. The meetings are held every Wednesday night (family night) at CCCC at 6:30–8pm. This time is for us to pray, share, study, and support each other.
There is also a quarterly meeting that takes place with POTS and the youth pastor and leaders, which is a time for us to unite, discuss and express concerns and support each other and the youth we love and serve. This is a great chance for POTS to get to know your child’s youth leaders and be involved with the youth ministry intentionally and not just sit on the side lines. It’s also a great way to bond with the ones you are entrusting your kids to every week at this thing we call “Youth Group”.