Pastor Dave Martin, Cross Creek Community Church, August 19, 2018
Storms of Life!
“The Kingdom of God” part 5 – Acts 28:31
Part 1, God has a beautiful perfect plan for your life.
Part 2, Storms are intended to make you, not break you.
Part 3, Cut the anchors, hoist your sails, and step out in faith.
Part 4, Lives impacted for Christ for eternity.
Acts 28:31 Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.
“Kingdom of… God” (Heaven, Christ, David, Christ and of God… Eternal Life) – The sovereign authority, rule and reign of God with His abundant blessings that flow from this rule. Seen more than a hundred times in the Gospels, many in Jesus’ parables. (The Kingdom is like a… Farmer, seed, yeast, treasure, pearl, 10 virgins, etc.) Earth & mankind has been usurped by sin, under the control of the evil one. (Lu 4:5-7, Rev 11:15, etc.)
- God ___________ everyone into His Glorious Kingdom.
Luke 14:15-23 15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.” 16 Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests… ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ 18 “But they all alike began to make excuses… Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’ 22 “‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’ 23 “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and make [compel] them come in, so that my house will be full. (2Pet 3:9, 1Tim 2:3-4, 1Thes 2:11-12, etc.)
- ___________ into God’s Kingdom is by spiritual new birth.
John 3:3-8 3 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.” 4 “How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (Jn 3:36, 1Co 15:50, etc.)
- New Birth happens the moment you ________ in God’s Son, Jesus. John 3:16-18 16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. (Jn 3:36, Rom 10:9-13, Rom 8:1, Eph 1:5, Rom 8:17, Rev 21:27, 1Co 6:9-10, Col 1:13-14, Lu 17:21, etc.)
- Names written in Lamb’s Book of Life!
- Every sin is forgiven… Eternal Life begins!
- Adopted into God’s family as Kingdom citizens!
- Believers ___________ God’s Kingdom on earth.
Matthew 5:13-16 13 “You are the salt of the earth… 14 “You are the light of the world… let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (Rom 14:17, 2Co 5:20, Lu 10:16, Acts 26:15-18, etc.)
- Open your lives to God’s rule with top priority, Mt 6:33
- Repent & believe the good news of the Kingdom, Mk 1:14-15
- Be ready when the King does finally return, Mt 25:1-46